Thursday, March 26, 2009

Apple Pancakes





Apple Pancakes

1/4 c butter (1/2 stick), divided
4 eggs
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c all-purpose flour
3/4 c milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 med. baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
3 TB. cinnamon sugar, divided

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Divide butter between 2 9in. pie plates and put in oven to melt butter.
Rotate pie plates to cover bottom and sides of plates with melted butter.
Beat eggs, vanilla, flour, milk, and salt on med. speed for 1 min. (I just beat the mixture with a wisk, not a hand mixer)
Toss apples with 2 TB. cinn/sugar and arrange 1/2 apples in each pan, single layer, covering bottom.
Pour 1/2 the egg mixture (1 cup each) over apple slices in ea. pan.
Sprinkle with remaining cinn/sug. over the batter.
Bake until puffed and golden brown-20-25 min.
Serve right away with warm maple syrup.






I made these for lunch today. Very delicious!


4 comments:

Ethan said...

It looks SO good

Cloe said...

It was good!!
Thank you Ethan :)

Leah said...

DELISH!! Great pictures...

Kyle said...

I made this for brekfast It was so good.