My mom and my brother and sister all went to the circus and my dad was fixing the car, so my grandma and me had supper together, (which was very nice) but afterwards I really was craving an apple dumpling! Which is nothing new since I always want an apple dumpling:) Apples were sitting on the counter, sugar and cinnamon were in the cupboard. Is was too strong of a temptation. I got up and started to gather ingredients. I had it all on the counter. How do you make one of these? Well, I'll make the dough first. That sounded right. Now if you know me at all you know I don't know a thing about cooking. But this might not have been a problem if I had a recipe but I didn't, so I threw everything to the wind and mixed up a dough, peeled and cored an apple and put cinnamon and sugar all over it, wrapped it up and popped it in the oven. I prayed I wouldn't start smelling burnt dough. And 15 min later I started smelling something, and thank goodness it was the smell of apples and not burnt dough. I was very excited and hope mounted to reassurance of success. And then the timer went off. Time to dig in!
So how did it turn out? Well, truth be told, not so great. The dough was hard and weird tasting and the apple could have been cooked longer and it was an ugly little thing! But other than that, *sigh* it was OK. And it satisfied my craving for an apple dumpling. For now.
4 comments:
I thought the apple dumpling sounded good...
Wow! You are Ba-RAVE! :) I wouldn't try to make anything (unless I've made it a hundred times) without a recipe. Go Cloe, go Cloe, go Cloe. :) Amazing. Even if it was an "ugly little thing".
I agree with Ana. You have guts my friend.
Kudos to you on trying to make an apple dumpling! I've never had one, but you make them sound so delicious! I'm sure your next attempt will be even better. :)
Post a Comment