Friday, January 23, 2009

Friends


This is a little something I wrote.


Sometimes when people make friends they pick the people that are nice or look like they will be nice. Some people pick friends very slowly and it takes time for them to become friends. Then there are people who make friends with whoever comes her or his way. And then again, there are people who will be nice to you and slowly make you, willing or not, to like them. I am one of those people. Let me explain what I mean. I had a friend that I had made, in a sense, like me. I was in soccer and she was on my team. She was having trouble making friends at school, and when she did they would turn their back on her. She decided that she would not make friends at soccer just to have them go away. (In other words, when you make friends at sports you might call each other for a week or so, but you probably don't stay in touch that long. ) I was sitting on my ball looking at all the girls when I saw her. When I see someone I like I make friends with them, or try to. Well, she was the chosen prey. And as I said before, she did not want to make friends. But I, not knowing this, started with a friendly "hi" as anyone does when meeting someone new. Then I asked questions. The first one of course was, "What is your name?" then came, "How old are you?" and so forth. Soon I had her talking. As she told me later, she was only being nice, but as I said, I got her talking and we became friends. Week after week we called each other, even after soccer was over for the season. It has been five years now and we are as close as ever.



3 comments:

Ana said...

How cute, Cloe. No one can ever say you're not friendly ... I know this first hand. :) Thanks bud!

Leah said...

What a very precious story! You are very good at making friends Cloe!! :)

Anonymous said...

Cloe your queen at making friends, I'm glad you're mine! I also thank God for sending you into my life, without you I'd probably never would have thought of writing stories and maybe come an author like my favorite author Beverly Lewis!
Thanks for being there when my days are gloomy, you're only a phone call away!

Kelly Beth